1) Silly String Bean Faces – Build your own faces with your green beans using the full bean for a big grin and pop out the seeds for little eyes and noses! Do you have snow where you live right now? Why not add them to a snowman!?
2) Dough Rollers – Does your little one enjoy Playdough or cooking with you? Why not use your green beans as “steamrollers” to help roll out that dough (play-dough or real dough if you’re into baking!) or make silly shapes and stamps into it!
3) Bean Telephones – Pretend play telephone with your string beans, *ring-ring* do I hear a fun time on the line?!
4) Inchworms – “Inch” those green beans along like little inch worms or choo-choo trains! If you’re little one doesn’t know what an inchworm is, look up videos on you-tube and then act them out together!
5) Build the Fortress – Take those green beans and build your own complete home or fortress, stack them up link log cabins and feel free to add fun editions like “trees” or “flowers” that your little one can smell and feel!
6) String Bean Boats – Grab a tub of water or fill up your sink and drive a few bean “boats” or “canoes” through with your little one while your washing the beans off
7) Bean Paint Brushes – Grab a little dollop of ranch or dill dip (or preferred sauce/dip) and use your beans to “paint” a masterpiece on your plates
8) Plant your own beans – When they’re ready to harvest let your little one help you collect and wash them up!
9) Coloring Book Beans – Grab a coloring book or print an outline of a favorite character and use the beans to outline the character. Living somewhere sunny? Try outlining your shaddows (try your hands first!) with the beans too!
10) Try a Fun Bean Experiment – Check our this “magic beanstalk” from Growing A Jeweled Rose: https://www.growingajeweledrose.com/2016/03/grow-magic-beanstalk.html
11) Read Jack and the Beanstalk – Talk about beans and look up photos together
12) Connect The Dots – Try a fun twist on the classic pen and paper “connect-the-dots” by using green beans. Consider cooked and raw to determine whose are whose!
13) Raw Bean Egg Shakers – Let your little one help you chop up a few raw green beans and fill a few plastic eggs. Enjoy shaking them and making some music together!
14) Balance Beam Beans – Try balancing your raw green beans across your noses – who can hold theirs the longest?!
15) Pretend Play SpaceShips – 3, 2, 1 BLAST OFF! Send those beans in the air and fly them through space together! Maybe you’ll even land onto one of your “moon teeth” too!
16) Scooping Spoons – Use those string beans to scoop up a dip or sauce! You can shovel it back and forth across your plate or maybe even your tongues!
17) Bean Lipstick – Pretend play paint your lips “on” with your string bean lipstick tube!
18) Bean Names – Use your beans to shape letters and spell out new words or names together!
19) Pretend Play People – Pretend your green beans are dolls (or animals!) and bring them to life with a fun pretend play adventure story.
20) Expose, Expose, Expose! Remember, consistency is key!